Tip of the Week

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stitch Red & Filati Knitting

For those who enjoy knitting (or know someone who does), maybe you have heard of the Stitch Red movement.  Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the US and affects men too.  There are many individuals that have a greater risk of heart disease in their families then others.  So let's "Stick it to heart disease"!  Check out the movement here.   I found some fabulous red yarns by Artyarns that give a percentage of your purchase to help heart disease research.  And if you don't knit or crochet, there are other ways to get involved or become heart healthy.

My other knitting find this month is the Filati magazine by Lana Grossa out of Germany.  You can check out the many different magazines full of neat patterns here.  I really like their new summer patterns, but I found some cute accessories and dog patterns too.  There really is something for everyone at Lana Grossa.  I find it hard to find a store that carries all of the magazines, though I did find a few websites where I can order previous issues.  

Lana Grossa Filati Handknitting magazine Issue 48
I should start my next knitting project, but have been taking a break while I was getting my garden in order.  Next week expect to see several sewing projects and ideas, as I have been working on a few projects of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment