1 1/2 cups of graham cracker cookies - ground (preferable homemade)
1/2 - 3/4 cups of pecans - ground
1 tbsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup of brown sugar (if you want a sweeter crust)
about 1 stick of melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
16 oz of pumpkin puree (preferably homemade)
3/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients, expect butter in a food processer and process until ground crumbs. See picture.
3. Slowly add butter and mix by hand or in the food processor until crumbs start to combine.
4. Grease pie dish and press crumbs into the bottom and sides of dish. Bake for about 5-10 minutes in the oven. Do not let the edges burn or become too dark.
5. Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix.
6. Pour into cooled pie crust. Bake 15 minutes.
7. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until the center is set and knife in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool and serve. Can be made a day ahead
|The edges turned out slightly 'burned'|