Note: If you do not have a broken clasp on a collar you may want to rip out the stitching on both ends of the collar. The pieces can be saved for other projects or replacing broken pieces on other collars. If you rip out the stitching you will have to restitch both ends in this pattern, as I only stitched one end.
1 dog collar (I had a large collar)
2-3 medium size jingle bells
1 large key chain ring
needle (if hand sewing)
1. Remove both ends of the clasp from dog collar. Break or cut off the plastic clasp on the end with the leash clip, leaving the stitching in tact. Rip stitches out from the other end to remove the clasp piece.
2. Attach 2-3 bells to key chain ring, then attach to the end of the dog collar where you left the stitches in tact.
3. Measure, using the collar where you want to make the door handle loop on the collar. Shorter for large dogs, longer for small dogs.
4. Pin (if desired) and sew across the ends. You may want to sew, back-stitch, and repeat in one spot.
5. Repeat a step 4 a second time about 1/4-1/2 inch above previous stitch. Cut off ends.
6. Project is complete. Hang on door handle.