2 whole chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
about 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
about 1 1/2 to 2 cups bread crumbs (I used whole wheat)
salt and pepper
Spices of your choice (I used a dash of cayenne and paprika)
1. Set up your breading station. One contain with flour seasoned with salt and pepper, one station with the eggs (whisked with a little water) and a three dish with the bread crumbs and spices.
2. Butterfly chicken breasts and using a meat tenderizer pound the chicken to flatten it a bit. Then slice into strips or cubes.
3. Dip each piece into the flour, then the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
4. Oil a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil and place each piece on the tray. Once you have arranged all the pieces, drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes until cooked completely and to desired crispness.
|After baking, Crispy Chicken|