Tip of the Week

Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY Reed Diffuser

As I was organizing these past few weeks (thus all of the sewing projects last week), I discovered an old milk jar amongest things.  The jar is a simple design without all of the graphics or imprints, perfect for re-purposing in my house.  My inspiration and idea came from a pin on Pinterest by Jaderbomb.  All the instructions you need are on the website and you will be able to make your own reed diffuser like I did.

I used my milk jar, some oils I had leftover from my oil burner and some bamboo skewers I have for grilling. Needless to say a few of the skewers will not be making it to the grill, but bamboo skewers are relatively inexpensive to purchase anyways.  To decorate my jar I used a paw-print ribbon I had in my sewing stash.  A simple use of my jar and now my room smells amazing without the use of nasty chemicals sprays.  Amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment