Elastic hair band
All seams 1/4 in
1. Measure your fabric to the length you would like. I used 14 inches long and about 2 3/4 inches wide rectangle.
2. Fold lengthwise (your piece should still measure 14 inches long), right sides together. Pin and Iron if needed.
3. Sew along the lengthwise seam, you just folded. Do not sew the ends.
4. Turn right-side out. Iron.
5. Fold the edges inward about 1/4 inch, so you have a nice seam. Iron.
6. Place one end of the fabric and loop through the hair band. Fold edge over so both sides of the fabric are now touching.
7. Sew over edge. Repeat in a second spot about 1/4 inch above previous seam if desired.
8. Place the other end of the fabric through the end of the clip. Fold edge over (just as step 6).
9. Sew edge just like step 7.
|Folding edges inward for step 5|