Tip of the Week

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What's for Breakfast? A Frittata

Do you love eggs for breakfast?  I know I do, but I find that trying to make an omelet takes too much time.  My simple solution is the Italian classic, the frittata.  You can add all kinds of vegetables, cheese and meats to your frittata.  Any basic frittata recipe works and you can experiment with different ingredients depending on what you have in your refrigerate.  Here's one recipe I like (click here).  You can use a frittata pan, or what I find the easiest is a pan that can be used on the stove and in the oven.

Some of my favorites include asparagus and goat cheese, mushroom and fontina cheese, tomato, basil and Parmesan, bell pepper and herb, and spinach and white cheddar.  Today was a mushroom and cheese frittata morning, mostly because I had some mushrooms leftover that needed to be used.


Mushroom and cheese

Asparagus and goat cheese

My next frittata is going to be a winter squash and sage.  See what's in season and use what is fresh.  Be sure you are buying local or USA produce, preferably organic for your frittata.  And most important, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment