Tip of the Week

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Not your average Chocolate Chip Cookie

Now I wish I could take credit for creating this recipe, but I only came across it in a magazine.  Here is the link for the recipe.  Once you read the ingredients you might be surprised that there is no sugar, what?!?  That's right, you really won't miss the sugar in this and the dates add a little bit of a nice chewy texture.  And what's really great is you can make this for your all your friends and family that eat gluten-free diets!

When I first tried this recipe I followed the alternative tips, replacing butter with extra-virgin organic coconut oil and replacing the brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, and guar gum with 1 1/2 cups whole wheat organic pastry flour.  I couldn't taste the coconut oil and never missed the butter!  And since I love dark chocolate I replaced the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips.  It's really a personal preference with chocolate.

So now you can have your guilty pleasure and know you are eating something that's healthy for you too.  These didn't last long in my house and I loved that there was quinoa in the cookies.  I also packaged some and gave them as a gift, as they a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment