Tip of the Week

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Naturally Dye Easter Eggs

Last year my Aunt turned me onto an article about naturally dying Easter eggs.  Though I haven't tried this yet, I think it would be fun and it's a great idea for those with kids.  When I was a kid I remember dying eggs for Easter, and my Mom knew that we shouldn't eat those eggs we dyed.  Have you really looked at the ingredients in food coloring recently?  If you did you might be as grossed out as I am.  I am glad my Mom knew then that it wasn't good to eat foods with these chemical food coloring. 

This is why I don't understand the obsession with Red Velvet Cake (or cupcakes), I mean there's red food coloring and just a touch of cocoa powder.  Why is it liked by so many over a chocolate cake (where you can put a cream cheese frosting on)??

Thoughts to consider as you start preparing for your Easter holiday.  And if you want to try naturally dying eggs for your holiday try this recipe from Whole Foods.  In reading it, I realized that naturally dying eggs is the same as the traditional version, all that is being replaced is the food coloring.  Give this a try and have some fun this Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment