Tip of the Week

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Spring . . . well not quite

For awhile we had very unusually (early) warm spring temperatures.  However the last few weeks we have had some spring showers and storms.  The rain is a good thing, since we had a dry winter.  My difficulty is getting my garden started and without a greenhouse, figuring out the best time to start my seeds.  So I decided that since April is approaching, it's now or never to get my seeds started.  Check out my Twitter page for my recent tweet on the article for making your own soil to start seeds.

Some of my flowers are in bloom, though not my irises; my chives are returning and my swiss chard is finally taking off!  For my seeds, I am growing tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, pumpkin, green beans, watermelon and squash.  I love reusing old plastic pots for starting seeds.







No comments:

Post a Comment