Tip of the Week

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Testing Giada's Artichoke Recipe

I recently recorded and watched a new episode of Giada at Home on the Food Network last weekend.  Click here for the recipe.  It really was perfect timing since I had two artichokes I had been meaning to cook, but steaming and dipping in mayonnaise is boring after awhile.  Luckily I had all the ingredients in my cupboard to test out this recipe.

The recipe is straightforward, though I had extra stuffing left so 3 artichokes would be more appropriate then two.  I also found that using a spoon with a pairing knife worked best in removing the center "choke" part.  Don't be hesitate to use the anchovy paste, you really don't taste it, but you can reduce the amount if you prefer.  I also love steaming my artichokes with the lemons in the water and be sure to add some lemon juice to your cut artichoke or it WILL brown, just like cut apples do.




Very yummy!  With a little crunch from the bread crumbs, no mayo needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment