Tip of the Week

Sunday, May 6, 2012

California Wolf Center

From the beginning of the wolf program in Yellowstone, I have been an advocate for wolves (and grizzly bears).  Since then I have been following the progress, setbacks and any other news related to the wolves in North America.  One particular center caught my attention while in San Diego and several years ago I finally made a visit.  The California Wolf Center is located East of San Diego in Julian and is worth a visit.  Make a day of the trip and visit the historic town of Julian, pick up some apple desserts and then check out the center.

The center has excellent educational programs, researchers and volunteers.  I loved visiting and would go back again.  Check out their web page and all of the information available, click here.  This year is rather special since wolves are returning to the state of California.  But, if you aren't in California, then you should visit Yellowstone National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment