Tip of the Week

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A little wine, sun and chocolate sauce

Over the weekend I was able to meet up with a very good friend and enjoy some fabulous wine in the Napa area.  There really are many wineries I want to visit, but we settled on two for this visit.  Ceja Winery in Downtown Napa and Black Stallion Winery just north on Silverado Trail.

As always, I make a stop at Oxbow market and the Modal Bakery.  I love their bread!  Ceja was just a short walk down 1st Street and I was very happy with this choice.  A very intimate setting and knowledgeable staff.  We tried the tasting and I enjoyed all of their wines, white and red alike.  Very great wines, it was hard to choose which one was a favorite.  The Sauvignon Blanc was very crisp and would be great for a summer's eve, while the Pinot Noir was one of my favorite reds.  It did not have the strong oak taste that I find many reds have.  But the other white's and red's were great too.  I finally settled on the Cabernet Chocolate Sauce and used it on some berries and ice cream. Yum!


The last stop was at Black Stallion Winery which isn't far from Trancas Street.  The tasting room was quite grand with a lovely patio area.  There are several wine tasting choices and prices vary depending on which tasting you choose.  I tried the white wine tasting since I had tried their reds at the Napa B & B Holiday Tour.  The reds are aged in oak and oak comes across very strongly in red wines for me.  The Sauvignon Blanc was on the sweeter side and the Pinot Grigio was my favorite.  If you prefer Chardonnay they have a few choices and the Rose was good.






No comments:

Post a Comment