Tip of the Week

Friday, November 4, 2011

Have you heard of DROPS?

Even though I have only been crocheting for a short period of time I have a ton of patterns that I want to complete.  Some are for knitting and now I have to learn to knit!  Those of you who crochet and/or knit probably know what I mean.  If you haven't found this website I highly recommend it.  Many of my favorite patterns I obtained from their website, maybe it's the wee Scandinavian in me.  And here it is, the DROPS patterns from Garnstudio (click here).  Just check it out and maybe you will see why I am so in love!

For Christmas I have found several more patterns I would like to make on their website and here is one of them; the felted slippers.  Not a surprise since I love to felt things as I introduced with my witching hour post.  It's not the same as the felt material you find in the craft and fabric stores.  Every thing about a knitted or crocheted item that is then felted is completely different than felt material.  Even pictures do not capture all the features.

Oh and I have already planned another road trip.  I just have to find the time.  Garnstudio also has yarn that is sold online, but I can buy it at the Nordic Mart in San Luis Obispo.  (See what I mean about the travel bug?!?)

Be sure to come back, I will have several crochet hats to share just in time for the colder temperatures we are experiencing.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the website before but my friend knits (and is teaching me), so I will definitely show her!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete