Tip of the Week

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dog-Friendly Sonoma

I am always in search of places that I can take my dogs and go on a trip.  If you haven't been bitten by the "travel bug" you may consider yourself lucky.  I have been, years ago.

Sonoma is a great town with lots of history and plenty of wine!  There are many places that are dog friendly in Sonoma.  You can even find some gourmet dog treats at the Three Dog Bakery in town.  Check out these websites (just a few of my favorites) Dog Friendly.com, Sonoma UnCorked and Best in Sonoma.  There are so many places if you just look.

On my recent trip I took my dogs to Bartholomew Park which is amazing.  You can hike the many trails, wine taste, picnic or enjoy the great scenery.

Here's the map:


My next stop was the town square and shops.  You cannot walk your dog in the park square, but there are many people with dogs walking around the shops.  Not many shops allow dogs inside.  There are some restaurants with outdoor dining and of course the Three Dog Bakery.  Just check polices before you go.  I highly recommend stopping at one of the local cheese shops (though Fido might have to wait outside)!

Finally, I had dinner at the Schellville Grill.  And yes dogs are allowed on the patio which is spacious.  The whole environment at the Grill is great.  Many choices for dining and excellent desserts.  Even Guy Fieri visited the Grill on his show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

There is so much more to check out in Sonoma and Sonoma Valley.  I haven't even checked out the dog parks yet!  I see another trip in the future. 

Maybe I have inspired you to travel . . . Sonoma is a great destination and your dogs can have fun too!



No comments:

Post a Comment