Tip of the Week

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Filati Yarns Yarn Shop

On occasion I make a trip to the Roseville and Rocklin area, just North of Sacramento.  I love the shopping and variety of stores (and the selection) available.  This visit included a stop at Filati Fine Yarns in Rocklin.  My Aunt had mentioned this yarn shop to me and thought it was worth checking out.  To sweeten the deal their annual after-Christmas sale was taking place.  You can't beat a yarn sale.

The shop is fairly easy to find, just read the signs since it is a smaller shopping complex.  And it's right off of Interstate-80.  You can also pick up a few craft supplies at Beverly's Fabric too.  The Roseville Galleria is just a few minutes south, so it is close to other shopping malls.

I was surprised how large the shop was and there were so many yarns I didn't know where to start first.  The other knitters and crocheters were very friendly and helpful.  There were several different samples and already-made examples throughout the store (of course I found another pattern this way!).  I also found many other yarn companies that I had not heard of, especially ones from Italy.  A few of my favorites were the Norwegian wool yarn, but I also found many Italian yarns in the sale bins that I bought.  Really I could have gone crazy picking yarns for several projects.   And I spent more time looking at yarns then all of the other supplies and books/magazines.


My yarn stash from Filati
 If you are in the area I would recommend a stop at this yarn shop.  Even if you are not a knitter or crocheter yourself, you might be inspired to become one (and they have classes if you decide you want to!).

1 comment:

  1. Wish we had a local yarn shop... Looks like a lovely addition to your stash! Happy weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete