I really like some of the red, white and blue or patriotic project ideas out there. This one (click here) really inspired me to convert an old wood box into a great summer piece. My wood box is a replica of the old-pioneer style tool boxes. I think it was something all of my school class was given when we were studying the pioneers. You can easily use a small crate or nail a few pieces of wood together, with or without the handle for this project.
Materials:1 wood box
paint (red, white, blue)
1. Make sure the wood is ready to paint. Sand any rough parts.
2. Using a pencil (or pen if you prefer) mark/stencil the design on the wood.
3. Paint your stencil. Let dry.
4. Touch up any spots. Let dry
5. Go outside to spray clear gloss to seal and protect the paint. Let dry.
Now you are ready to display and use your patriotic box for serving and decoration. Perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day!