Tip of the Week

Monday, December 12, 2011

The best Green-Bean Casserole

I don't know about you but I am not a fan of the "traditional" green bean casserole.  If you asked me what I don't like about the recipe, I could not tell you one (or two) things, it's the whole recipe.  As a result, I was not a big eater of green beans.  A bad recipe can quickly make a kid dislike a vegetable.  Plus I don't want to use all these processed and canned ingredients.


Mushrooms browning

Luckily, Guy Fieri had a new recipe for the green bean casserole on his show.  After watching, I knew I had to give this a try and maybe I could be a convert to a new green bean casserole.  And sure enough, it was a hit!  I love it.  I even splurged on gourmet mushrooms for the recipe and some were ones that were not called for in the recipe.  This would be where you can make it your own.  Mix it up!

Here's the recipe



The end result with fried shallots


No comments:

Post a Comment