Tip of the Week

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sewing Project 1: Christmas Stocking

With this group I was teaching to sew, they wanted to make Christmas stockings.  I found a cute pattern, a little vintage and country but fairly basic.  However the directions were not well-written and all of us made a few mistakes with the cuff.  I think my stocking turned out rather cute and I enjoyed seeing the other choices of materials from the class.

The group had fun with the project and it was a good experience, however I have come to the conclusion that I would not want to make a Christmas stocking again.  Mainly because I already have a set of Christmas stockings that I love.  What I really want to make is tree skirt because the standard tree skirts are too small for my tree.  It's just a matter of finding the material I like that will match my stockings.  The design is my secret . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment